Hiya All,

After the party for Mams birthday thursday I packed my bags and headed over to Dubai for the week to see what Pauls actually doing! I arrived here aorund 10pm (we are 3 hours ahead over here) local time and came straight to the hotel and had some grub, a drink and went to bed. I was fairly wrecked after the 7 hour journey over. The inflight movie was nothing to write home about.

Paul got up and went to work sunday so I lazed about, went up to the roof and sunbathed for a while. The sun only hits the roof until about 3pm so I was glad to get back down to the room. The temperature out here has been approx 40 degrees the whole week, and the hunidity is like nothing ive ever experienced before! Sunday night we went to the marina and had dinner on a Dhow, a traditional dubai boat. Had a lovely seafood platter and some champagne! Nice start to the holiday:-)

Monday was a similar day, sunbathing, swimming.. snooze in the middle of the day! We went to eat in the Madinat Jumeriah which is a big complex of hotels, bars, restaurants and shops. This is where we met Pauls boss and his wife. Its a fantastic place with a great view of the Burj Al Arab. There is a hotel as part of the complex, where the only way to get to your room was by boat! Not bad!

Paul had wednesday off so we went to Wild Wadi, the waterpark, which was great craic! They had a good few slides etc.. going in June is actually not a great idea because the ground is so hot you’d nearly burn your feet walking from slide to slide!

After that experience we went on a desert safari wednesday afternoon. We got collected, in a big jeep, at the hotel at 4pm.. picked up another couple and headed off into the desert. We did whats called dune bashing.. driving up and down dunes in the middle of the desert! I’m not sure if we were lucky or unlucky to have another jeep infront of us.. each time we were going over the dunes we could see the jeep in front of us disappear side ways and other ways down the other side.. i think i would have preferred not seeing them at all! Paul and I were tough, we didnt feel sick at all! The jeep in front had to stop twice with sick people:-)

After the dune bashing they drove us into a camp that they have in the middle of the desert. Paul and I were the first ones on those camels, and got a great picture! We went into the camp, and they put on a belly dancer for us, we got some grub and had a nice sit down for a while. We tried on the native dress (and have the pictures to prove it!). We got back to the hotel for around 10pm, and we were both absolutely wrecked from the day.